A collection of new banking resources from around the internet:
- Characteristics of FDIC Lawsuits Against Directors and Officers of Failed Financial Institutions – Courtesy of Cornerstone Research.
- FDIC Publishes 3rd Quarter 2012 State Banking Profiles
- FDIC Publishes Winter 2012 Supervisory Insights – Includes articles on Mobile Banking and High-Yield Checking Accounts.
- FDIC Releases Community Banking Study, Supervisory Initiatives – The FDIC released the results of a study of community banking in the United States, as well as a series of supervisory and rulemaking measures relating to community banks, as the outcome of its yearlong Community Banking Initiative.
- OCC Highlights Risks Facing National Banks and Federal Savings Associations – Regulators highlight the risks associated with the potential for banks to take excessive risk in an effort to improve profitability, revenue challenges from a slow economy and financial market volatility, and lingering effects of real estate lending.
- WSJ’s Top 10 Economic Charts of 2012 – Hopefully the fiscal cliff doesn’t make them all irrelevant to a historical review.
- 100 Best Lists of All Time – Courtesy of the New Yorker. Personally, I’m a big fan of #16 – 16. Hasbro’s “2-Letter Scrabble Words List”.
- The S.E.C. vs. the S.E.C. – Hailing from the South, I clearly take the football conference, notwithstanding my profession.