On the latest episode of The Bank Account, Jonathan and I draw from personal experiences at Bryan Cave as well as the experiences of our bank clients for a discussion about succession planning. Succession planning is rarely a top regulatory concern, but good succession planning requires time to implement. Accordingly, boards (and managements teams) should always be looking at (and planning for) a future where one or more executives (and/or board members) decides to retire. With the age of the CEO often being a primary contributor to the decision to sell the bank, succession planning should be a fundamental part of the strategic planning discussion.
A few alternative titles we kicked around for this episode include:
- Paying Millennials in Avocado Toast: The Podcast About Succession Planning
- Succession Planning for Banks
- The Bryan Cave Model: How Walt Moeling & Kathryn Knudson Rocked Succession Planning (and how you can too!)
- “We” Mode: Smart Succession Planning
- Succession Planning: Why It’s Important and How To Do It Right
- Big Team, Little Me: Succession Planning Tips